There is a lot of controversy on the topic of legalizing kratom. This plant has received a lot of attention after recent popularization in Western markets. Thailand is considering legalizing Kratom as a safer alternative for opiate addiction treatments. It has been shown as valuable advantages for addicts of a variety of drugs. The U.S. researchers are studying its potential to help opiate abusers kick the habit without withdrawal side effects.
Because of potentially reported ‘psychoactive properties’ Kratom is currently illegal in several countries including Australia, Myanmar (Burma) and Malaysia. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration lists Kratom as a “drug of concern” because of its abuse potential, stating it has no legitimate medical use. However its legality is still in question as of legislation in the past few years. The state of Indiana has banned Kratom consumption outright, looking to control its population’s growing dependence on methamphetamines. Despite concern in multiple international settings, there is no evidence of harmful effects or side effects from kratom. There are no reported deaths involving kratom alone nor harm caused to its users (Larry Greenemeier, 2013).
Politicians are striking back against claims by pointing out that Kratom does not make people high, and that it is less addictive than the caffeine in coffee. According to a report put out by the Narcotics Control Board, Kratom possesses limited health dangers or risk of abuse and causes no social harm. They have concluded that the only reason it was banned was for economic reasons as opposed to any genuine issues related to health. (Lyndon Reys, 2014).
Should Kratom be legal?
Yes! This substance has spread to Europe and the United States, where it is still legal, and can even be bought freely on the Internet. There are some clear advantages to consider about kratom:
- It can help alleviate pain naturally and does not interfere with other pain regimens or prescriptions.
- Kratom is cheaper and more readily available than prescription pain killers, especially in rural areas.
- The use of kratom is safe and effective. You can’t overdose on kratom or suffer any similar negative consequences from presciption opiates.
- Kratom can be used to limit the symptoms of addiction or withdrawal while being an effective part of treatment for many recovering addicts.
If you or a loved one face chronic pain, the options can be few and far between for pain management. This plant causes no harm and the process of refining it is safe when lab tested. Kratom has saved thousands of lives and continues to help people feel less pain and increases their chances of recovery.
How can I be sure I’m getting the best Kratom?
Currently, kratom is legal for purchase in the United States and in many western countries. While its sale and usage is not regulated by the government, it is important to know that you are getting the best quality ingredients every time. The best way to ensure you are getting high quality ingredients is to work with a reputable vendor.
Herbal Outfitters has been supplying nutritional supplements and herbs for over 4 years. We work with the best and most trusted brands around the world to ensure maximum efficiency and quality every time. Here are some things to look for when buying kratom:
- Where was it manufactured? Herbal Outfitters features products that are grown and/or processed in the USA.
- Was it tested in a lab? A certificate of the batch leaving a lab facility will help ensure you are getting the best possible products. Having consistency is key and the alkaloid content is closely measured when coming from a lab
- When was the kratom harvested? Kratom can have a long shelf life when packaged in air tight and sealed containers. Check the expiration date as well as the life span of the specific batch you get before purchasing for the best results.
Should it be legal to buy and consume kratom? Yes! Help keep kratom alive by supporting your local representatives today!